Ganesh Chaturthi 2022 Puja Vidhi: This year, Ganesh Chaturthi will be observed on August 31. Through this post You will come to know the procedure Or Puja Vidhi of Ganesh Chaturthi.
How to perform Ganesh Chaturthi Puja at Home?
The festival of Ganesh Chaturthi is believed to be the day when Lord Ganesha first came into being, and therefore, the Chaturthi of Bhadrapada, Shukla Paksha is referred to as the birth anniversary of Bappa. On this day, Devotees perform puja and offer their prayers to Lord Ganesha Or Vighaharta (remover of
obstacles). Here follows the detailed Puja Vidhi so that You also can perform Ganesh Chaturthi Puja at home.
Ganesh Chaturthi Puja Vidhi
Before beginning the puja, light an oil lamp.
- Avahanam: Invoke Lord Ganesha and pray to him before beginning the puja.
- Pratisthapanam: Pray to Lord Ganesha and ask him to accept the seat that you have offered.
- Asana Samarpanam: Worship Lord Ganesha by offering him a few flowers after he accepts the seat.
- Padya: Offer water to the Lord’s feet.
- Arghya: Offer water to the Lord.
- Achaman: Drink water from your palm after offering it to God.
- Snana: Offer water to the Lord for bathing.
- Panchamrit Snanam: Offer Panchamrit made of milk, curd, ghee, sugar and honey to Lord Ganesha.
- Vastra: Offer a fresh piece of cloth or Mouli to the Lord.
- Uttariya: Offer another piece of cloth to cover the upper body.
- Yagnopaveeth: Offer the sacred Janeyu. Put it diagonally over the left shoulder and under the right arm.
- Gandha: Offer Chandan paste
- Pushpa: Offer flowers (red hibiscus or any other flower).
- Durva: Offer Durva grass
- Sindoor: Offer kumkuma
- Dhoop: Offer incense sticks and dhoop
- Deep: Offer an oil lamp
- Naivedhya: Offer Bhog to Lord Ganesha (Sweet Recipes like like Modak, Payasam)
- Tambulam: Offer a platter that consists of fruits, a whole coconut, paan and supari, haldi and kumkum.
- Dakshina: Offer rupee (currency) notes or coins
- Aarti: Sing the Ganesha Aarti.
- Pradakshina: Stand up on your feet and turn around from your right.
- Pushpanjali: Offer flowers and do pranam.
- Namaskar: Bow before the deity.
- Kshama Yachana: Seek forgiveness for any mistake that you may have committed while performing the puja.
Ganesh Chaturthi Puja Muhurat
The Puja Timings Or Muhurat Or Shubh Muhurat for Ganesh Chaturthi Puja on 31st August is as follows:
|Morning||Shubh Yog||05:58 AM to 09:00 AM|
|Afternoon||Shubh Choghadiya||10:45 AM – 12:15 PM|
|Evening||Evening Auspicious Time||03:30 PM – 06:30 PM|
For more Ganesh Chaturthi Wishes. Do Subscribe
Also, don’t forget to Subscribe Kaushik Venkatesh YouTube Channel